Welcome to my blog!

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." -Dr. Seuss

Thanks for stopping by. I really hope that you take something away from this blog, even if it's just a book recommendation that leads you to a new series or new author that you will enjoy. I know that by keeping this blog, it's encouraging me to try new genres and to expand my horizons as far as reading new books, rereading old, and I'm even inspired to read the classics that I've missed. Because I'm a mom of four, I'll also be adding children's books into my reviews as I try to spend time reading with my kids on a regular basis. So why not review those as well and share them with you?

Books, for me, have always been great escapes. I remember being stranded on the island with the Swiss Family Robinson when I was 10 years old and it was a great place to be as I was having a rough childhood at the time. I flew away with Peter Pan and traveled with Meg through wrinkles in time, in Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time. Now that I mostly read 'grown up' books, I don't travel to islands but I do live in someone else's world (or mind) for a while and it's a great way to get away from it all even if for a short time every day.

Enjoy my blog and as always, happy reading!

Karen

New England is home

Thursday, April 25, 2013

A is for Alibi



http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1366912246423#/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_9?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=a%20is%20for%20alibi&sprefix=A+is+for+%2Cstripbooks%2C147&rh=i%3Astripbooks%2Ck%3Aa%20is%20for%20alibi



Murder Mysteries!!!  Ahhhh, not my favorite genre but, I am rating it four stars not because it was of the highest quality book I ever read but because for what it was, it was a good, fun read.  Simplistic without being low quality.

    You, like Kinsey, question each character in your mind and pay little attention to those you doubt could have done the crime.

I'm not a crime novel, figure it out type of a murder mystery girl but this one was fun...kind of like my Janet Evanovich novels...a good break from the heavy duty norm I read.  I will defintely try the next one in time.  Hooray for Kinsey...I turned the last page and still didn't know for sure what would happen and who was guilty.  I saw the page wasn't a full page and thought...OMG...maybe I won't know till the sequel...but the author kept me guessing till the last few sentences...and then she wrapped it all up in a nice tight little package.  I loved that about this book!

This book was like a breath of fresh air, light, breezy reading which you sometimes have to do that when you read something heavy previously like...say...The Book of Ruth (see my other post about that one).  And I'm sure what you read before you read a book could actually make a difference as to how the newer book is rated...I am an emotional reader as well as a critical grammar type reader :).

Happy Reading...and with this one?  Have FUN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment